Stepper Motors General Safety Considerations
Frequently Asked Questions
The following safety considerations are MUST be observed during all stages of operation, service and repair. Failure to abide by these safety precautions violates safety standards of design, production, and designated use of Stepper Motors, drivers and controllers. Motion Marketplace assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the customer's inability to comply with these constraints. Even high-quality products, when operated or installed incorrectly, can be hazardous. Safety measures are required to be observed by the user with regard to the load and operating environment. The customer is solely liable for proper selection, installation and operation of the products purchased from our company.
• Use caution when handling, during trials, and adjusting during installation, set-up and operation.
• Service MUST NEVER be performed while power is applied.
• Be sure the motor/driver has plenty of heat dissipation and air flow
• Exposed circuitry should be properly protected or enclosed to limit unauthorized human contact with live circuitry.
• All products should be solidly mounted and effectively grounded.
• Hazardous elements such as flammable gases, vapors, liquids or dust should not interact with motors while they are in operation.
NOTE: Please Use a RMA Form should you need to return a product for REPAIR. This form can be found in Support, Forms, RMA Request on this web site.
What is the average weight of a right angle gearbox?
Motion Marketplace offers a variety of sizes for right angle gearboxes. Our gearboxes weigh between 1.12 - 35.3 lbs, depending on the size.
Do right angle gearboxes have low backlash?
Yes. Motion Marketplace offers a line of right angle gearboxes with backlash as low as 15 arc-min maximum.
Does Motion Marketplace offer Metric Ball Screws?
Yes. Motion Marketplace offers lines of both Metric Ball Screws and Imperial Ball Screws.
What kind of Machine Safety products does Motion Marketplace offer?
Motion Marketplace offers several lines of non-contact safety sensors, emergency-stop buttons, stand still monitors, as well as interfaces for input and output extension.
Do right angle gear reducers have low backlash?
Yes. Motion Marketplace offers a line of right angle gear reducers with backlash as low as 15 arc-min maximum.
autonics online distributor